Benefits of solar lighting
I am doing a project about solar lights and their benefits, can somebody help me please?
Probably the benefits of solar can be summarised as follows:
- Security without power from the grid
- Illumination without power from the grid
- Green energy (no burning of fossil fuels etc)
- Low running cost (though upfront cost for may be huge)
Also, installation costs are almost zero. You don't have to build trenches, put in wires, no underground conduits from light to light etc. Solar lighting is the perfect lighting solution IMHO!
A couple of others:
- Solar lighting is low voltage making it incredibly safe
- Very easy maintenance
Also solar lights have very little impact on nature and parks
Another couple of advantages:
- Solar lights are not affected by extreme weather events like hurricanes which can bring down the power grid
- Solar lights obviously are unaffected by spikes (for example when a hue amount of people use air conditioners) in the power grid
Someone has said similar re green energy, but a huge advantage of solar lights is zero emissions, so no impact on global warming!
Of course the most amazing thing about solar lighting is that it is an (almost) infinite resource. The power grid, often using coal and oil, is finite.
Also safety - solar lighting is super safe for adults, children, pets and wildlife.
Here are a few more benefits of solar lights that are a little offbeat nut nevertheless important:
- Solar light are incredibly adaptable eg path lights, spotlights, flood lights, security lights
- Only solar lights can be really used for camping
- They are completely care free, you don't need to even care about turning them on and off!
Easy installation! Solar lights must be the easiest lights in the world to install!
Leave a reply